Dictionary of Event Studies, Event Management and Event Tourism
Published: March 2021
Component type: book
This Dictionary, produced by a distinguished and varied panel of international editors, is an invaluable reference for students, academics, practitioners, researchers, policy makers. For the first time, it compiles and defines a comprehensive glossary of terms used in the event-specific literature. Whilst many of these terms are commonplace, their usage in the events literature is often specific and in need of interpretation.
Whilst there are numerous short entries and basic definitions, the emphasis has been placed on terms with high relevance to planned events, and in particular to theories, concepts and models specific to event studies. Multiple usages, including quotations are provided, where relevant, to cover the breadth of meanings and applications of the terms.
- Donald Getz, Professor Emeritus, University of Calgary (Editor) https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5562-8012
- Emma Abson, Sheffield Hallam University (Editor) https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1333-4216
- Vladimir Antchak, University of Derby (Editor) https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1395-4391
- Jean-Loup Chappelet, University of Lausanne (Editor) https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8074-2239
- Joe Goldblatt, Queen Margaret University (Editor) https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2092-7319
- Henrik Jutbring, University of Gothenburg (Editor)
- William O’Toole, European Commission (Editor) https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3705-0792
- Stephen J. Page, University of Hertfordshire (Editor) https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1756-4561
- Mohamed Salama, Heriot Watt University (Editor) https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5212-082X
- Raphaela Stadler, University of Hertfordshire (Editor) https://orcid.org/0000-0002-3517-8138
- Vassilios Ziakas (Editor) https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1501-7863
Getz, Abson, Antchak, Chappelet, Goldblatt, Jutbring, O’Toole, Page, Salama, Stadler & Ziakas, 2021
Getz, D., Abson, E., Antchak, V., Chappelet, J., Goldblatt, J., Jutbring, H., O’Toole, W., Page, S.J., Salama, M., Stadler, R. & Ziakas, V. (2021) Dictionary of Event Studies, Event Management and Event Tourism. Oxford: Goodfellow Publishers http://dx.doi.org/10.23912/9781911635796-4695
Bohman, J. (2005). Critical Theory. In E. Zalta (Ed.), Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/critical-theory/.
Bowdin, G., Allen, J., Harris, R., McDonnell, I. and O'Toole, W. (2010) Events Management. London: Routledge.
Echard, L. (1691) A Most Compleat Compendium of Geography, General and Special: Describing All the Empires, Kingdoms and Dominions in the Whole World. London: Thomas Salusbury.
Finkel, R. and Daspher, K. (2020) Accessibility, diversity and inclusion in events, in S. J. Page and J. Connell (eds) The Routledge Handbook of Events, Abingdon: Routledge, pp. 475-490.
Getz, D. and Page, S. J. (2014) Progress and prospects for event tourism research. Tourism Management, 52, 593-631.
Getz, D. and Page, S. J. (2020) Event Studies: Theory, Research and Policy for Planned Events. 4th edition. Abingdon: Routledge.
Goldblatt, J. and McKibben, C. (eds) (1996) The Dictionary of Event Management. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold.
Goldblatt, J. and Nelson, K. (eds) (2001) The International Dictionary of Event Management. New York: John Wiley and Sons.
Gregory, D., Johnston, R., Pratt, G., Watts, M., and Whatmore, S. (eds) (2011) The Dictionary of Human Geography. Chichester: John Wiley and Sons.
Johnson, S. (1755) Dictionary of the English Language. Two Volumes. London: Strahan.
Office for National Statistics (2020) Coronavirus and the social impacts on Great Britain. www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/healthandwellbeing/bulletins/coronavirusandthesocialimpactsongreatbritain/31july2020
Page, S. J. and Connell, J. (eds) (2010) Event Tourism: Critical Concepts in Tourism: Four Volume Set. London: Routledge.
Page, S. J. and Connell, J. (eds) (2020) The Routledge Handbook of Events. 2nd edition, Abingdon: Routledge.
United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN) (2020) The impact of COVID-19 on sport, physical activity and well-being and its effects on social development, https://www.un.org/development/desa/dspd/2020/05/covid-19-sport/